Heavy Metal Test Kit: Mercury
- Home-based Test Kit
- Easy to use!
- Manufactured by Osumex
Mercury or "quicksilver," is a shiny liquid metal that is a widespread environmental contaminant. The levels of mercury in our bodies today are much higher because of its greater use in recent times. Mercury is employed daily by medical and dental practices in thermometers, drugs and amalgam for fillings. It is also present in fungicides and pesticides and in some cosmetics. Mercury from industrial waste has contaminated our fresh- and salt-waters and to the plants and fish therein.
An average body contains about 10-15 mg. of mercury. This comes daily from our food, air, and water. Mercury is not well absorbed through the intestinal tract, only about 5-10 percent. Inhaled mercury fumes go into the blood, since it is soluble and passes through the lungs. Some mercury is retained in body tissues, mainly in the kidneys. The kidneys store about 50 percent of the body mercury. The blood, bones, liver, spleen, brain, and fat tissue also hold mercury. This potentially toxic metal does get into the brain and nerve tissue, so central nervous system symptoms may develop. Mercury can also get into a growing fetus and into breast milk. Mercury is eliminated daily through the urine and feces. Urine levels would show whether the body is actively working to eliminate it.
Mercury has the following effects (simplified) on the body:
• disruption of the nervous system
• damage to brain functions - degradation of learning abilities, personality changes, tremors, vision changes, deafness, muscle incoordination and memory loss
• DNA and chromosomal damage - chromosomal damage is known to cause mongolism;
• allergic reactions resulting in skin rashes, tiredness and headaches;
• disrupting reproductive functions such as sperm damage, birth defects and miscarriages
The average overall daily intake is between 30-50 mcg. Acceptable levels are between 0.02 - 0.03 ppm depending on what was analyzed. Readings above 0.05 ppm should be cause for concern. Mercury is a highly toxic heavy metal and concentration levels should ideally be 0.
Accuracy of the test
Reputable establishments such as schools and universities are using the mercury kit in their establishments. This attest to the accuracy and acceptability of the kit. Listing of such establishments and articles where the kit was used follows:
• University of California, Santa Barbara, CA USA - used in various experiments to develop science curriculum for state schools
• Kent State University, OH USA - PhD student used mercury kit in PhD thesis project - read his statement: "Yes, I used them in my analyses of urine and fecal samples of wild primates. It took several weeks of tweaking my experiment in a lab here in the U.S. but I finally figured a relatively reliable method (since Hg measurement in feces was a small problem). In the end the kits worked great, granted sometimes the fecal measurements did not always show up. This is largely in part due to specific digestive mechanisms of some species of primates. A couple of samples turned green, which I think indicate the presence of digestive enzymes."
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Please note that reference to Dr. Clark protocols or production methods does not imply that our products can be proven to be any better than other similar products when using US government approved science. Please read full disclaimer here.
All orders are shipped directly from our factory warehouse in Chula Vista, California. Orders received before 12PM Pacific Time ship the same day (excluding weekends and holidays). Orders received after 12PM Monday-Friday will ship the following business day. Your tracking number will be emailed from as soon as your order is shipped.
For international shipments, duties and taxes may be applicable. By ordering from this website, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to pay any duties and taxes.
You can return any unopened or unused product within 30 days on the date on your invoice. Simply send the item back with a copy of your invoice. If you are unhappy with any consumable product, you may return an open item for a refund as long as at least 50% of the original contents remain and the return is done within 30 days of the date on your invoice.
Please report any overages, shortages, or damages within 10 days of receiving your order.