- Water Filters
- Personal Care
- OUR DIFFERENCE
- New Items
- Discounts + Free Shipping
- Conditions A-Z
- Products A - Z
Mercury or "quicksilver," is a shiny liquid metal that is a widespread environmental contaminant. The levels of mercury in our bodies today are much higher because of its greater use in recent times. Mercury is employed daily by medical and dental practices in thermometers, drugs and amalgam for fillings. It is also present in fungicides and pesticides and in some cosmetics. Mercury from industrial waste has contaminated our fresh- and salt-waters and to the plants and fish therein.
An average body contains about 10-15 mg. of mercury. This comes daily from our food, air, and water. Mercury is not well absorbed through the intestinal tract, only about 5-10 percent. Inhaled mercury fumes go into the blood, since it is soluble and passes through the lungs. Some mercury is retained in body tissues, mainly in the kidneys. The kidneys store about 50 percent of the body mercury. The blood, bones, liver, spleen, brain, and fat tissue also hold mercury. This potentially toxic metal does get into the brain and nerve tissue, so central nervous system symptoms may develop. Mercury can also get into a growing fetus and into breast milk. Mercury is eliminated daily through the urine and feces. Urine levels would show whether the body is actively working to eliminate it.
Mercury has the following effects (simplified) on the body:
• disruption of the nervous system
• damage to brain functions - degradation of learning abilities, personality changes, tremors, vision changes, deafness, muscle incoordination and memory loss
• DNA and chromosonal damage - chromosonal damage is known to cause mongolism;
• allergic reactions resulting in skin rashes, tiredness and headaches;
• disrupting reproductive functions such as sperm damage, birth defects and miscarriages
The average overall daily intake is between 30-50 mcg. Acceptable levels are between 0.02 - 0.03 ppm depending on what was analysed. Readings above 0.05 ppm should be cause for concern. Mercury is a highly toxic heavy metal and concentration levels should ideally be 0.
Accuracy of the test
Reputable establishments such as schools and universities are using the mercury kit in their establishments. This attest to the accuracy and acceptability of the kit. Listing of such establishments and articles where the kit was used follows:
• University of California, Santa Barbara, CA USA - used in various experiments to develop science cirriculum for state schools
• Kent State University, OH USA - PhD student used mercury kit in PhD thesis project - read his statement: "Yes, I used them in my analyses of urine and fecal samples of wild primates. It took several weeks of tweaking my experiment in a lab here in the U.S. but I finally figured a relatively reliable method (since Hg measurement in feces was a small problem). In the end the kits worked great, granted sometimes the fecal measurements did not always show up. This is largely in part due to specific digestive mechanisms of some species of primates. A couple of samples turned green, which I think indicate the presence of digestive enzymes."
*Disclaimer Notice: Our statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Please note that reference to Dr. Clark protocols or production methods does not imply that our products can be proven to be any better than other similar products when using US government approved science. Prices are subject to change without notice. Please read full disclaimer here.
Contents of HMT Mercury Test kit:
1 Color strip on box of the kit
1 Test instruction sheet
1 Large test tube
1 Vial with clear cap - reagent 1
1 Vial with blue cap - reagent 2
1 Vial with reddish brown substance - reagent 3 (note substance is stuck to wall of vial)
Follow the Heavy Metal Test: Mercury directions included with the kit.
Storage of HMT Mercury Test kit
The HMT Mercury Test kit should be stored in a cool place, 53F to 68F (12C to 20C).
Keep out of reach of children.