What Can Save You from Food Poisoning in 3 Minutes Flat?

2 comments by Helen Walker


Has this happened to you?

You’re at a friend's backyard enjoying a summer day with friends.

You've just finished a grilled burger topped with your favorite sauce and now you’re ready to go play a quick game of volleyball. With no plans to hit the gym, you figure why not?

Before the game, you grab one more bite of that darn good potato salad, and gulp down some soda.

Time to start burning those calories!

And towards the end of the game, you realize the flush you're feeling isn’t because you just scored a winning point.

Your stomach is really churning…

Oh no you think, uh oh… No way. This can't happen now!

You know what’s about to happen right? Those all too familiar signs? Bloating, gas, nausea, light sweating...

Was it the potato salad? No time to point fingers, you need to do something now before it gets worse!

Unexpected surprises like a mild case of food poisoning can make for a bad situation.

And we’ve all been there right? We’ve eaten something we knew wasn’t a good idea, like macaroni salad that's been sitting unrefrigerated for hours? Smells OK so why not?

But what if you could STOP all symptoms of food poisoning fast?

What if you could end nausea and stop the vomit cycle before it starts? Sooth your stomach and stop painful bloating. All within 3 minutes!

Hands down the best way to combat early signs of food poisoning in just a few minutes is with a single dose of  Lugol's iodine.


What is Food Poisoning?

Food poisoning is defined as food “gone bad” or contaminated with bacteria such as E. coli and Salmonella. If foods remain in your fridge for 3 or more days or sit at room temperature for 1 to 4 hours, you risk food contamination with bacteria you can’t detect by smell.

What most folks don’t know is, even in its later stages you can stop a bout of food poisoning fast by taking Lugol’s iodine solution. 


Why is it Important to Stop Food Poisoning?

If you’ve ever experienced the awful symptoms of food poisoning, you know it begins with the urge to vomit. And within hours you’re usually vomiting and suffering awful stomach cramps.

Besides consuming 6 to 8 hours of your life, some healthcare professionals also credit food poisoning to weakening your stomach's immune function. While in this weakened state, your stomach is more prone to suffer from H. pylori (Helicobacter pylori), the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers and acid reflux, or other serious diseases.

Picture iodine as software designed to "seek and destroy" foreign cells whose mission is to make you sick.

When Lugols Iodine solution enters your stomach, it:

  • Latches on to growing salmonella bacteria at once, and stops them from grouping.
  • Quickly consumes the cell's oxygen supply, killing the bacteria on contact.
  • Soothes your stomach and creates a calm setting intolerant to gas, bloating, heartburn, indigestion, diarrhea and vomiting.

Overgrowth of Salmonella concentrated in the top region of the stomach, near the esophagus, are easily killed with Lugol’s iodine.

Lugol’s iodine was first developed in 1829 by French physician, Jean Lugol. Lugol’s solution proved so effective at killing bacteria and fungus, that for a better part of a century, it became a common antiseptic.

Soon after, Lugol's iodine became the traditional go-to remedy used to soothe upset stomachs during rounds of food poisoning. The old school doctors soon found out that Lugol’s was a deadly foe to single cell bacteria, but your body's best friend.

Around the 20th century, iodine deficiency hit an all-time high as people drank chlorinated water, ate foods altered from their natural state, and experimented with modern farm practices.

Now, studies show up to 40 percent of people worldwide are at risk of iodine deficiency.

And Lugol’s iodine solution is by far the best antibiotic, antiviral, and antiseptic of all time.*

Remember, iodine has a unique trait. As Dr. Hulda Clark once said, "it hangs on to everything" like a "stain" and that's exactly what you want.

When it attaches itself to bugs Lugol's iodine kills them instantly. By the time the iodine in Lugol’s makes its way to the intestines, it has already attached itself to food particles and has lost its ability to single cell organisms, such as the good bugs in your intestines.

In this way, if you take Lugol’s with meals you will not harm your good intestinal flora. You will simply kill bugs in the stomach and then have your body fortified in iodine, once it reaches your intestines.

Acting as your stomach's natural defense it:

  • Penetrates bad cells quickly with massive "clinging" action.
  • Attaches to vicious E. coli and Salmonella and robs them of their oxygen supply.
  • Kills many parasites and their eggs in the GI tract.
  • Helps destroys fungus, such as Candida, in the GI tract.


How Much Lugol's Iodine Do You Take To Stop Food Poisoning Fast?

Take 12 drops in a ¼ glass of water, then repeating this up to 4 times per day. It’s that simple. There are numerous anecdotal reports that this simple method helps stop food poisoning within 3 to 5 minutes.

Lugol’s formula is simple and easy to use, and is perfect for travelling. All you need is water.

Seasoned travelers often reach for Lugols when visiting foreign countries. Remember, Lugols acts as a sterilizer and antiseptic. You can use it to sanitize your exotic fruits and vegetables. At the same time, it defends your stomach against the "unknowns."

And it's safe and extremely effective when taken in the right doses. Just make sure you're not allergic to iodine, of course.

To be on the safe side, always keep a bottle of Lugol’s iodine handy in your medicine cabinet and keep another bottle in your travel bag because you never know when you may need it!



1. Abraham, G.E., The historical background of the iodine project. The Original Internist, 12(2):57-66, 2005.

2. Sircus, Mark Ac., OMD., Director International Medical Veritas Association, IODINE, Bring Back the Universal Nutrient Medicine, Availabe at: http://www.health-science-spirit.com/iodine.html


  • Tom

    What’s the dose for children? And no one is “allergic” to iodine or you’d die. You need iodine. It’s only when you are low and your body isn’t used to it that taking iodine can kill so many things in you you’re going to feel like you have the flu. I think what is recommended is to take a drop first and wait an hour to see how you react to it. But what’s the dose for children?

  • Ericka

    This is absolutely true. I had a terrible case of food poisoning where I was so dizzy, sweating, nauseated and unable to stand. The lugols solution in water stopped everything within 20 mins for me. Excellent stuff. I’m never without it.

Leave a comment

Popular posts